About CafeMom Mobile
We've made it quick and easy to access some of the most popular parts of CafeMom right on your phone. You can participate in your groups' forums, send and receive private messages, and more!
- What is CafeMom Mobile?
- What can I do on CafeMom Mobile?
- How do I get to CafeMom Mobile?
- How do I upload photos from my cell phone?
- Will CafeMom Mobile work on my phone?
- What's not available on CafeMom Mobile?
- Does CafeMom Mobile cost anything?
- Does CafeMom have an iPhone, Android, or Blackberry app?
- How do I customize the fonts in my group posts and replies?
- CafeMom Mobile isn't working for me!
What is CafeMom Mobile?
CafeMom Mobile is a streamlined version of the CafeMom web site designed especially for use with the web browsers on cell phones and other mobile devices. You'll find that there's less scrolling required, and everything should load faster than if you tried to use the full site.
What can I do on CafeMom Mobile?
CafeMom Mobile includes several of the most popular features of the full site:
- Read, post, and reply in your groups' forums
- Upload pictures you've taken with your cell phone by using a special email address
- View your My Posts, My Replies, and Posts in My Groups lists
- View your inbox, write new private messages to your friends, and send and respond to friend invites
- View your Recent Activity feed, "mini" versions of other members' profiles, and more!
How do I get to CafeMom Mobile?
Just go to CafeMom.com on your phone or other mobile device. You should see a version of our login page specially formatted for smaller screens. Log in using your regular CafeMom user name and password, and you'll be on your way! Having problems reaching CafeMom Mobile?
How do I upload photos from my cell phone?
You can upload a photo to your Mobile Photos album by sending it in an email or text message to a special email address. Create a Photo Upload Address
Will CafeMom Mobile work on my phone?
Just about any phone with a web browser can be used to access CafeMom Mobile. If your phone is less than 2 or 3 years old, you should be all set.
If the site's not looking too good on the browser included with your device, you may want to try Opera Mobile -- it's a free browser you can use on a bunch of different phones. To download Opera Mobile, go to http://m.opera.com on your device.
What's not available on CafeMom Mobile?
If you want to visit the following sections, you have to use the full version of the site: Moms, Journals, Answers, Games, and Settings. We hope to expand CafeMom Mobile in the future based on member feedback.
Also, you'll notice other differences between CafeMom Mobile and our full site. For example, signatures, Sweet Peas, and Charms aren't included, and you won't get to change the color or font of your text when posting. We made these tradeoffs to ensure that CafeMom Mobile is easy to use and compatible with as many different devices as possible.
Does CafeMom Mobile cost anything?
CafeMom Mobile is free to use, but your cell phone company or other service provider might charge you for data access. Make sure to contact them if you're unsure.
Does CafeMom have an iPhone, Android, or Blackberry app?
No. Our focus right now is to keep improving CafeMom Mobile and make sure it's accessible from as many different kinds of devices as possible. However, did you know you can add an icon for CafeMom Mobile right to your iPhone or Android-powered phone's home screen?
Adding a CafeMom Mobile icon to your iPhone's home screen:
- While looking at your CafeMom Mobile homepage in Safari, click the "+" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the "Add to Home Screen" button.
- Name your CafeMom Mobile shortcut however you'd like. Click "Add" and you should be all set!
Adding a CafeMom Mobile icon to your Android-powered phone's home screen:
- While you're on the CafeMom Mobile homepage, click the Menu button on your phone.
- Click "Bookmarks"
- Click "Add Bookmark"
- Rename your new bookmark however you'd like, then click "OK"
- Return to your home screen.
- Hold your finger on a blank area of your home screen for a couple of seconds until you see a "Add to Home screen" menu pop up.
- Select "Shortcuts"
- Select "Bookmark"
- Select your CafeMom bookmark. Your home screen should now have a CafeMom shortcut!
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's an easy way to do something similar on Blackberries.
How do I customize the fonts in my group posts and replies?
Your font preferences for your group posts and replies on the full site carry over to CafeMom Mobile as well.
If you'd like to change your settings, however, you'll need to do it from an actual computer — click on the Privacy + Settings link at the top of any page, then select Fonts & Colors from the left-hand menu.
CafeMom Mobile isn't working for me!
I can't reach CafeMom Mobile
If you go to CafeMom.com on your mobile device and don't get sent to CafeMom Mobile, don't worry! Try going to m.cafemom.com instead. Also, at the bottom of every CafeMom page there's a "Switch to CafeMom Mobile" link you can use.
I want to use the full site instead
If you're on CafeMom Mobile but want to use the full site, just click on the "Full Version" link at the bottom of any page.
I don't have a screen name and password
Not a member of CafeMom yet? Sign up now.
I need more help
If you're having a problem with CafeMom Mobile, let us know! Please be sure to include as much detail as possible about your issue and the phone or other device you're trying to use.